CRYPTO TICKER

powered by Coinlib

Thursday, December 20, 2018

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND … VOLATILITY!

“Stock indices & crude oil got nothin’ on Tony Montana!”  

Before I get started today, it should be noted that in the last 2 days, we have 
come fractionally close, to “ringing the register” on “binary options arbitrage 
strategy” positions … both times, less than 0.25 RUT2000 index points have 
separated us from “lottery ticket” wins that would have added approximately 
$85 - $91 per 1 lot, in profit … on a small account of less than $1,000, 
considering these were “risk free” positions at entry, this is no insignificant 
amount of money. “Some days you get ‘em, and other days you don’t, but in the 
final analysis, as you keep putting these positions on and racking up 5% - 9%+ 
rate of return on margin, FOR THE DAY, you’re gonna get your share over 
time … I estimate about 0% - 5% over time they will hit and payoff big”.

It’s not even sunrise over the U.S., and already today, subscribers to the 
signals service have “rung the register” handsomely utilizing the “volatility 
call spread strategy”, in the RUT2000 [NADEX SYMBOL: 
US SmallCap 2000]. Let’s get started with the details.

I positioned a RUT2000 “volatility call spread strategy” right out of the gate 
last night at the open, a couple of hours before Asia even opened. I bought the 
RUT2000 1345 - 1375 CS @ 1348.2, and I sold the RUT2000 1315 - 1345 CS 
@ 1341.8 … My risk in the long position is 1348.2 - 1345 = 3.2 index points 
… my risk in the short position is 1345 - 1341.8 = 3.2 index points … therefore, 
my total MAX THEORETICAL RISK IN THE POSITION = 6.4 INDEX 
POINTS = $64 PER 1 LOT. EXIT QUESTION: “Do you think over the next 23 
hours, that the RUUT2000 stock index will have a daily range in excess of 6.4 
index points? … according to the historical data, and given the fact that yesterday 
saw the range = approximately 49 index points, AND the daily 20 Day Range 
MA > 20+ index points, probability theory says there’s a 99%+ probability of 
profit success in this trade … so yea, you do this trade with your eyes closed”!  
The NADEX CONFIRMATION EMAILS directly below with trade fills.

click to enlarge ALL 


“Well, that didn’t take long, now did it”? … hours later, I liquidate the long 
position @ 1356.0 … 1356.0 - 1348.2 = +7.8 index points = $78 per 1 lot … at 
this point, the short position is almost at MAX LOSS at 1344.6 offered, so I 
have no pressure to take it off since I can only lose another 0.4 index points, or 
$4 MAX PER 1 LOT, OVER THE REST OF THE DAY. With over 18 hours 
left, what’s the point in liquidating it for a measly $4, especially since I just 
made $78? … and so, my thinking is, at some point during Asia or Europe, 
WHEN I’M ASLEEP, the index will correct some and go lower, the short 
position will come off its ceiling and drop some, and I’ll be able to buy 
[liquidate] around 1340 … so, I put a LIMIT order to buy @1340.0, and I go 
to bed … I wake up to find I’m filled at 1340.0, so on top of the $78 I made 
earlier, I just added another $18 to = $96. After commissions I netted, along 
with signals subscribers $92 per 1 lot, on a trade with MAX THEORETICAL 
LOSS OF $64, for an approximate return of 144%. 

In reality, your max theoretical loss won’t come into play over the course of 
the day, and your “real world” risk is about half of the theoretical amount 
… doing that math then, I made $92 on $32 risk, almost a 300% return per 1 
lot … but even here, in order to even come close to losing money, the RUT2000 
can’t move an inch over the day … cuz if it does, [and it will and did], one side 
will “pop” and the other side won’t do Mr. Jack Squat … “and when it moves, 
be there to take the profit, regardless which way it goes, cuz it doesn’t matter 
… I don’t care about price, I care about intraday volatility and I want it to move 
… the bigger and quicker, the better for my position”! The important criteria 
here, though, and it’s vitally important you understand this, so stop and think 
about this for a minute or two before resuming the blog, is the following.

“You have to be there on the initial move “out of the box” … meaning, the first 
move up or down will incite panic in traders on the wrong side of the move … this 
will allow for the greatest “pop” in value of your long or short position that is in 
profit … if your combined prices for each CS is roughly the same, whatever your 
combined price is on the “synthetic straddle”, half of that index point total in 
profit on either side will roughly equal a +50% return on MAX THEORETICAL 
RISK, and a 100% rate of return on “real world” risk … now, who wouldn’t 
want this almost every “Hoover Dam” trading day”!?

Using this last CS trade as an example, since I put it on at 6.4 index points, all 
I really need over the course of the day, is an index point move of 3 - 4 points, 
and I’m “ka-chinging” the register … given present volatility, that’s an 
absolute  “Slam Dunk” at some point during the day, without regards to where 
price goes … and that’s why I say, “it’s a far better way to trade when you 
understand the dynamics of what it is you’re doing … cuz the simple fact is, the 
scumbag LP’s now work for me”! Directly below, the NADEX 
CONFIRMATION EMAILS for liquidating the RUT2000 CS trade.



In between the entry and liquidation of the RUT2000 Call Spread trades, I did 
do three [3] “binary option arbitrage strategy” trades, 2 in the RUT2000 and 1 
in WTI Crude Oil. The first was in the RUT2000, where I bought the 1362 
binary @ 15.25, and then immediately sold the RUT2000 1364 @ 21.25, for a 
guaranteed profit = $6 per 1 lot. The NADEX CONFIRMATION EMAILS 
directly below.



The second binary trades I did, were in WTI Crude Oil, where I bought the 
48.00 binary @ 18.00, and then sold the 48.20 binary @ 22.25, for a 
guaranteed profit of $4.25 per 1 lot. The NADEX CONFIRMATION 
EMAILS directly below.



The third and final trade was back in the RUT2000. I bought the 1366 binary 
@ 12.75, and I immediately sold the 1368 BINARY @ 20.25, for a guaranteed 
profit of $7.50 per 1 lot. The NADEX CONFIRMATION EMAILS directly 
below.



Adding it all up, 6 + 4.25 + 7.50 = 17.75 per 1 lot before commissions, in 
guaranteed profit. “Bring on the rest of the day”!
  
And the rest of the day is a pile of “nothingburger”!

Crude did nothing, stock indices are consolidating, gold rallied, but the “call 
spreads” in gold aren’t very good …. We can’t utilize the same strategies we do 
in the RUT2000, cuz gold doesn’t have tight spreads, making it very difficult to 
get positions near a ceiling or floor, where we can take advantage of the 
structure of the “call spreads”. All told on the day, we netted about $110 per 1 
lot on a small account, and I’d consider that a great day of trading if I had a 
$500 - $1,000 account balance … sure as hell can’t do that at Turnkey, without 
taking a lot more risk than we take here.

Onto tomorrow … I’m outta here for a cold one … until tomorrow mi amigos 
… Onward & Upward!!

UPDATE @ 4:15PM EST: Crude Oil & RUT2000 have CLOSED and we 
receive our guaranteed profit from last night … no lottery ticket wins today.

Have a great day everybody!

-vegas

OUR NADEX SIGNALS SERVICE IS UP & RUNNING … DAILY 
WTI CRUDE OIL SIGNALS & “VOLATILITY” STRATEGIES IN 20 
OTHER MARKETS, INCLUDING COMMODITIES, FX, & STOCK 
INDICES! … “what on earth are you waiting for”?


























No comments:

Post a Comment