CRYPTO TICKER

powered by Coinlib

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

A VOLATILITY SLAUGHTER

“Hey, I think I found out where volatility disappeared to [or into]!”  

“Well, that de-escalated quickly, didn’t it”? … A call spread signal last night in 
USDCAD, never had a chance … from right after the open, it never moved 
more than a couple dozen PIPs one way or the other, and it ended up 
evaporating into the night, morning and day … I pulled the plug on the trade 
soon after stocks opened on the NYSE … and while I have been generally 
thinking VIX in the stock indices would retreat, I didn’t expect the entire board 
to disappear into a sinkhole! … unquestionably, this is the slowest day since 
September 2018 … there isn’t anything that has moved, with the exception of 
crude oil, which has maintained its “MoJo” and continued today up over $1. 

Directly below, the trade tickets getting in USDCAD @ 45 PIPS.

click on to enlarge ALL
  
Directly below, liquidating the trade at just under the halfway mark 
@ 20 PIPS.


With CAD not moving at all, and recently mirroring crude oil, I thought 
crude would have good support, which led to buying a binary directly below.


When we got the “pop” higher, I liquidated for a gain. Tthat liquidation 
directly below.


And while not covering the loss in USDCAD totally, it got back about 
40% - 50%, and given the fact we had no chance in the FX trade, losing about 
12 PIPS [$12 per 1 lot] is acceptable given the fact volatility literally collapsed 
today … “quite frankly, I didn’t see this collapse coming at all … stock indices 
yes, but not everything else … even with President Trump speaking tonight, I 
didn’t think it would effect FX and/or oil at all … it did affect FX, but didn’t with 
oil … go figure … but no matter, cuz the loss is tiny, and if I had been in futures 
or CFD’s, I would have gotten chopped to pieces trying to maintain a position 
… the fact we lost so little with a collapse in FX VIX, tells you everything you 
need to know as to why trading call spreads is one of my favorite derivative 
vehicles to trade at NADEX”.

Onto tomorrow, and we’ll see what’s shakin’ after the open tonight … I’m 
outta here mi amigos … Onward & Upward!
  
Have a great day everybody!
 
-vegas

OUR NADEX SIGNALS SERVICE IS UP & RUNNING … DAILY 
WTI CRUDE OIL SIGNALS & “VOLATILITY” STRATEGIES 
IN 20 OTHER MARKETS, INCLUDING COMMODITIES, FX, 
& STOCK INDICES! … “what on earth are you waiting for”?









 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment